Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Convert Typhoon H to PixHawk 6C Flight Controller

Thanks for the info. We're you able to test the SR24 on the DSM port, yet?

As for the BEC, I've looked at a bunch of them. Some don't seem much larger than a thumb nail. I'll check out the one you suggested.

Thanks for the info. We're you able to test the SR24 on the DSM port, yet?
Not yet. I have started to set up two FCs: Pixracer V1.0 and Pixhawk4.
The latest FW is no more supporting the ESP01 WiFi module on Pixracer. I took some time to bring it back to work.

Now I'm read to start with SR24 - need some wiring. The DSM port has the disadvantage that it has no back channel for (Yuneec legacy) telemetry. I will try to use the FrSky UART for SR24.
I found something I have looked for in the past:
RC_INPUT_PROTO -> this can be set to ST24 instead of AUTO. Maybe this is a way to force the full functionality for receiver SR24
RC_PORT_CONFIG -> redirect to a free UART channel with Rx/Tx instead Rx only.

I wiil play with this next...

Reactions: 1midniterider
I have tested first with DSM port on Pixhawk4. This works, but no telemetry on ST16. It is possible to send MAV messages via MAYbridge to QGC. I will check if a ST16S can receive this. If so then the back channel over SR24 is not needed, telemetry can obtained from WiFi.

Yes, it still uses SR24 receiver to receive data from the 12 channels (sticks, switches). I have assigned landing gear, flight mode switch, no actuators so far.
A quick test shows that ST16S with Autopilot app from H Plus receives basic data via WiFi: voltage, num sats, GPS fix velocity, height by using a MAV bridge on TELEM1.

Yes, it still uses SR24 receiver to receive data from the 12 channels (sticks, switches). I have assigned landing gear, flight mode switch, no actuators so far.
A quick test shows that ST16S with Autopilot app from H Plus receives basic data via WiFi: voltage, num sats, GPS fix velocity, height by using a MAV bridge on TELEM1.
Was the SR24 already bound to the ST16S? Or did you bind it afterward?

So after wading through a bunch of documentation on building a PX4 development... I finally hit on the correct link.... It would have way easier to simply say use docker and be done with it? Not that I really need to build custom firmware but, just in case.

Not yet. I have started to set up two FCs: Pixracer V1.0 and Pixhawk4.
The latest FW is no more supporting the ESP01 WiFi module on Pixracer. I took some time to bring it back to work.

Now I'm read to start with SR24 - need some wiring. The DSM port has the disadvantage that it has no back channel for (Yuneec legacy) telemetry. I will try to use the FrSky UART for SR24.
I found something I have looked for in the past:
RC_INPUT_PROTO -> this can be set to ST24 instead of AUTO. Maybe this is a way to force the full functionality for receiver SR24
RC_PORT_CONFIG -> redirect to a free UART channel with Rx/Tx instead Rx only.

I wiil play with this next...
I'm beginning to think that my ST16 has an issue with it. I will not connect to the SR24 whether it is connected to the TH or the DSM port on the 6C. The orange LED on the SR24 has a steady blink. Which means that it is waiting to connect with the transmitter, correct? QGroundcontrol never detects the radio connection. What is the button for on the SR24? Are there any settings that I'm missing?

The ST24 must be bound to the ST16. I thought the button is to bring it in bind mode but it isn't. Seems it has no function anymore with current firmware. I think on DSM port there is no way to bind it. Remains only the TH. Connect it to the TH.

Create a new model. Select this new model. Tilt the TH until the orange LED on ST24 starts to blink fast. Now it is in bind mode. Go to System Settings > Bind > Refresh The SR24 ID should appear in list. Select it and tap Bind. If connection is established the orange LED should be solid.

The SR24 remains binding to the model when used elsewhere until it will be bound to another transmitter.

Finally, I was able to bind the new SR24. I had tried binding it before, by just tilting it twice. It took tilting the TH numerous times before it went into bind mode. Still working on the calibration. Sometimes it step right to the next test and sometimes it takes a very long time. I'll sort it out when I have more time.

Last edited:
Reactions: h-elsner
Finally, I was able to bind the new SR24. I had tried binding it before, by just tilting it twice. It took tilting the TH numerous times before it went into bind mode. Still working on the calibration. Sometimes it step right to the next test and sometimes it takes a very long time. I'll sort it out when I have more time.
What are you attempting to Calibrate? Compass? Accelerometer? Controller? ...?

I am having issues calibrating the radio in qgroundcontrol, in this case the SR24/ST16 combo. When I move sticks into the position indicated on the screen, sometimes it goes immediately to the next step sometimes it takes a few minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catfish